If you’re not already a devotee of vitamin C, let us enlighten you. From brightening the skin, to protecting it from environmental stressors, vitamin C performs a multitude of functions and is especially effective when used as a serum. That’s why, in this article, we’ll discuss what a vitamin C serum is, the benefits of vitamin C for skin, and how to incorporate it into your skincare routine.
IN A NUTSHELL
Main Takeaways: The main benefit of using a vitamin C serum is to brighten and even out skin tone. It is one of the best and most effective skincare ingredients for glowing skin.
Good to Know: Although it’s primarily known for its ability to brighten the skin, vitamin C performs a multitude of tasks, including protecting and hydrating the skin.
Recommended Products: Nectar of the C Vitamin C Serum.
What Is A Vitamin C Serum?
Serums are products that are targeted for a specific skin care concern. They are concentrated products that are created specifically to penetrate the deeper layers of your skin for the best results. A vitamin C serum contains a high concentration of vitamin C to effectively reduce the appearance of dark spots and even out skin tone. However, that is not the only benefit of using a vitamin C serum. Read on to learn more.
Benefits Of A Vitamin C Serum
When we said there are a lot of benefits to vitamin C, we weren’t kidding. Here are just a few of the benefits a vitamin C serum offers:
- Vitamin C serums brighten the skin - If you have a dull or lifeless complexion, one of the best things you can use on it is a vitamin C serum like our Nectar of the C. With a concentration of vitamin C, it gives skin back its glow.
- Vitamin C serum helps reduce the appearance of dark spots - One of the main benefits of using vitamin C is the visible reduction of unwanted dark spots on your skin.
- Vitamin C serum protects skin from environmental stressors - An antioxidant like vitamin C can protect you from pollutants and stressors in the environment, keeping your skin healthy and happy.
- Vitamin C serum smoothes the skin - If you suffer from uneven skin texture, you will find that vitamin C can help smooth the skin and leave it feeling and looking softer.
- Vitamin C serum plumps the skin - As we get older, our skin has a tendency to become less plump, giving some of us a gaunt, unhealthy look. Vitamin C can help plump up your skin, no matter what your age.
- Vitamin C serum can help reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles - As we age, our skin loses its natural supply of vitamin C. Restoring it to our skin can help reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin C serum helps to keep your skin moisturized - Including vitamin C in your regimen helps your skin retain moisture.
How to Use Vitamin C Serum
Remember that while vitamin C serum can perform all of the above, it’s not a replacement for your other skin care products. The idea is to use a vitamin C serum as part of a comprehensive daily skincare routine.
Here’s an easy How to Use Vitamin C Serum guide:
First, start with clean skin. We recommend our So Clean! vegan facial cleanser, which will thoroughly clean your skin without drying it out.
Next, use a gentle toner to add hydration to the skin. Our Rose and Shine rosewater toner hydrates and refreshes the skin after cleansing.
This next step is where you’ll use your vitamin C serum. Just a couple of drops of Nectar of the C serum will do the job. In addition to a 10% concentration of vitamin C, it also contains vitamin E to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. We’ve also added hyaluronic acid to keep your skin hydrated.
Don’t forget to include an eye cream, like our Eyes Eyes Baby anti-aging eye cream, which will get to work on any fine lines and puffiness you might find around your eyes.
Finally, finish your routine with a natural moisturizer our Crème de la Cream brightening moisturizer, which also contains vitamin C. Delivering the perfect amount of moisture, it nourishes and balances the skin.
That’s pretty much all you need to know about vitamin C serum. We hope it’s convinced you what an amazingly effective and versatile ingredient vitamin C really is, and why it’s best to use it in serum form.