Want to get that perfect, dewy look everyone is after? Then you need to know about our brand new Just Dew It Hydrating Serum! Like a shot of hydration for your skin (without the needles!), it makes skin look smoother, plumper, and like you magically woke up in a misty field somewhere in a mystical land! OK... while the mystical land thing may be a bit of an exaggeration, the immediate hydrating effects of this incredible new product are definitely real!
IN A NUTSHELL
Ingredient Category: Humectant, emollient
Main Benefit: Our new Just Dew It Hydrating Serum delivers immediate, next-level hydration with nearly every great hydrating ingredient on the planet!
Who Needs This: Dry Skin, Dehydrated Skin, Mature Skin
14 Actives, So Many Benefits!
So let’s wait no more and discuss the 14 nourishing active ingredients of this long-awaited dream of a product!
- Hyaluronic Acid - Hyaluronic acid can hold up to 1,000 times its weight in water, making it an ultra-hydrating ingredient that is great for all skin types. Naturally found in our bodies, HA helps keep things lubricated and cushioned thanks to its impressive ability to retain moisture, but we create less as we age. Restoring HA to our skin helps to keep it looking plump and supple.
- Prickly Pear Seed Oil - Although it may sound like something you’d want to stay away from, in fact, prickly pear seed oil is a vital skin care ingredient that can keep your skin looking much younger than it is. If you’ve ever gone hiking in the desert or in certain parts of North and South America, you might have noticed a cactus with a pink-ish/reddish bud. That’s a prickly pear and it’s wonderful for everything from soothing the skin to hydrating it. Full of vitamin E, it’s an amazing source of hydration for the skin. That said, be careful if you decide to take one from nature or even buy one from the supermarket--it does come from a cactus after all!
- Organic Sea Buckthorn Oil - Don’t feel bad if you’ve never heard of sea buckthorn oil — chances are, you’re not alone which is a shame given what a great ingredient this is. While it may sound like something that comes from the bottom of the sea, it’s actually derived from a cute little berry that grows on a shrub traditionally grown in high altitudes like the Himalayan region, China, and Russia, among other places. Whether eaten or applied topically, it provides incredible hydration to the skin with four types of omega fatty acids and a lot of vitamin E. And if you want your skin to glow, take note: it contains four times the amount of vitamin C as an orange.
- Squalane - We know that squalane is fabulous when it comes to moisturizing the skin but that’s not all it does! If you’ve got fine lines and wrinkles or need help minimizing your dark spots, squalane is an absolute must, which is why we’ve included it here! Not only that but it’s perfect for all skin types because it’s so similar to skin’s own natural oils. Another reason we use it? It’s super lightweight so it won’t feel heavy as some oils can.
- Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice - If you’ve ever sliced open a piece of an aloe vera plant, you’ve probably seen the clear gel that literally oozes out of it (aloe vera is actually 95% water). That gel performs a myriad of functions from hydrating the skin to healing it. Containing more vitamins and minerals than you can count (vitamins A, C, E, B12, calcium, chromium, potassium, sodium and zinc, among them), aloe vera is well-known for its ability to help plump the skin. Not only that, but aloe vera is one of the most soothing ingredients you could ever put on your skin, which is why we’ve included it.
- Glycerin - Think of glycerin as the overachiever of hydrating ingredients. Not only does glycerin moisturize the skin, it goes down into the lower levels and pulls moisture up to the surface to make skin look its dewiest, hydrated best! Not only that but it helps tighten and firm the skin like nobody’s business. As if that weren’t enough, it forms a protective layer to protect the skin from elements that might harm it. A true overachiever, indeed!
- Organic Jojoba Seed Oil - You know how some people can just imitate voices perfectly? That’s kind of what jojoba seed oil does when it comes to mimicking the sebum skin naturally produces on its own. This not only keeps skin moisturized but helps keep the oils in your skin balanced. It also forms a layer that holds in moisture so your skin doesn’t dry out. Wouldn’t that possibly clog your pores, you might ask? Nope! In fact, jojoba oil is non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t stuff up your pores!
- Grapeseed Seed Oil - If you thought grapeseed oil was just a delicacy for your food, wait until you try it on your skin! It’s probably not a big surprise, but grapeseed oil hydrates your skin superbly, employing omega-6 fatty acids to restore moisture and soften dry, rough skin. As a bonus, it helps calm down irritated skin with its emollient properties. And BTW, although we’ve put in plenty of grapeseed oil in our new Just Dew It Hydrating Serum to do the job, if you’re a big DIY-er, there’s no reason you can’t add a little extra in your existing moisturizer or serum for added hydration. Just do it gradually so you don’t add too much!
- Vitamin E - It would not be an understatement to say that vitamin E is like the Simone Biles of hydrating ingredients. Aside from it’s unbeatable ability to moisturize the skin, it’s incredible for minimizing fine lines and wrinkles and even strengthening skin over the long-term. It also happens to be an antioxidant which means it’s perfect for protecting your skin from environmental stressors that can harm it.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) - Hydrating the skin while balancing existing oil can be a challenge, but niacinamide is always up for it! More commonly known as vitamin B3, niacinamide balances the oils that are already in your skin like a champ, all the while calming the skin and creating a smoother-looking appearance. Additionally, it helps alleviate temporary blotchiness in skin. So if that’s a problem you face, you might want to infuse your skin with some extra vitamin B3!
- Geranium Flower Oil - Somewhere between their beauty, their scent, and the incredible effect they have on the skin, geraniums are really kind of incredible. For starters, geranium flower oil is fantastic for skin that gets irritated easily because it helps calm it down. It’s also a fabulous anti-aging ingredient, as it helps firm skin that’s started to sag a bit. As if that weren’t reason enough to try it, it’s also an antioxidant that will help protect skin from environmental stressors trying to harm it.
- Panthenol (Vitamin B5) - Like some kind of cool science fiction character, when panthenol hits the skin it suddenly becomes vitamin B5, which is known for its outstanding talent for moisturizing the skin. Once on the skin, it goes into action, diminishing the look of fine lines and wrinkles and helping skin retain moisture.
- Carrageenan - A natural ingredient that comes from a species of red seaweed called Irish Moss, carrageenan works as an emulsifier, which means it prevents oil-based and water-based ingredients from separating. It is also a good moisturizer, helping to lock-in your skin’s own moisture.
- MSM- Methyl-sulfonyl-methane in a rich, natural source of organic sulfur. This mineral is naturally produced by your body and helps to rejuvenate the skin and smooth the skin.
As you can see, we’ve really pulled out all the stops when it comes to Just Dew It Hydrating Serum! We hope you’ll come to love it as much as we do and will make it a regular part of your skin care routine!
How to Incorporate Just Dew It Hydrating Serum Into Your Skin Care Routine
This is the hydrating serum your winter skin has been waiting for! Here’s how to incorporate it into your skincare routine:
- Cleanse - Since the basis of any good skincare routine is cleansing, we recommend using a gentle, non-drying cleanser that’s good for all skin types.
- Tone - Soothe and refresh your skin with a hydrating rosewater toner , prepping your skin for the serum.
- Treat- Apply Just Dew It hydrating serum. Drop several drops of the serum onto your fingertips and smooth onto your face and neck, allowing your skin to drink up the goodness!
- Moisturize - Seal in those amazing hydrating ingredients with H2 Oh Yeah hydrating moisturizer, gently massaging on your face and neck.
- Apply eye cream - Be sure to nourish this delicate area morning and evening with your favorite eye cream.
There you have it! Your thirsty skin is going to thank you for giving it the tall drink of water that it deserves.