Real talk: some of us didn't know what a serum was a few years ago. Gasp! Maybe you can relate. Whether you recently realized how important applying sunscreen daily is (ahem — absolutely vital!) or that a good moisturizer can make or break how your makeup sets, every skincare journey is different. Even the best of the beauty gurus had to start somewhere!
Building a regimen from the ground up can be a lot. It's a long road of trial and error, experimentation, and intensive research. And that's not accounting for the money you spend on new products. When confronted with the dizzying array of ingredients out there, skin concerns, and potential interactions, it can be tempting to throw in the towel and just use good ol' fashioned soap and water.
So, what do you do when you want to glow like a pro but don't have time to develop a well-informed routine? Simple. Treat yourself to our natural skincare starter set! We're going to tell you all about this beneficial bundle of skincare must-haves, why you need it, how to get the most out of it, and some tips and tricks along the way. Get set — go!
What Is the Skincare Starter Set?
Your skincare needs are personal, dependent on everything from your complexion type and budget to your goals. But one thing is universal, and that's the need for a consistent routine. We designed our starter set to take the guesswork out of the process, with carefully crafted essentials that work in harmony to give you a glorious glow at an affordable price.
It contains five, full-sized, natural skincare products:
- So Clean! – Our Natural Facial Cleanser
- Rose and Shine – Refreshing Rose Water Toner
- Nectar of the C – Rejuvenating Vitamin C Serum
- Eyes Eyes Baby – Anti-Aging Eye Cream
- Crème de la Cream – Moisturizing Face Cream
Each of these potent, yet gentle, products combine nourishing botanicals into a hassle-free routine that's easy to stick to. It's free of parabens, sulfates, harmful chemicals, and hundreds of other nasties that creep into cosmetics. The best part? It's fool-proof and effective while feeling like a total indulgence. Here's how to complete this simple twice-daily skincare routine:
- Wash your face with So Clean! and lukewarm water. Rinse.
- Spritz Rose and Shine onto your face and neck and allow it to absorb.
- Apply 2-3 drops of Nectar of the C onto fingertips. Gently smooth onto your entire face, avoiding around the eyes. Let it sink in.
- Add a small amount of Eyes Eyes Baby around your eye area and gently massage in.
- Apply a generous amount of Crème de la Cream to your face and neck, and massage in.
We told you it was easy.
Okay, It Sounds Magical. But Do I Really Need This Skincare Kit?
Some of us have certain non-negotiables when it comes to what we put on our faces. Stinging chemicals and overwhelming scents? No thanks. Anything greasy or drying? Hard pass. We've applied all of our skincare experience to create something that ticks all the boxes, with products made the right way. That means natural, safe, vegan, and cruelty-free. Allow us to better acquaint you with some of the superheroes you'll meet in our starter set:
Suitable for all skin types, this purifying, soothing cleanser gets you squeaky clean without dryness or irritation. Smooth, lightly foaming gel sweeps away dirt and makeup while balancing your skin's natural oils, promoting smoother skin in the process. It's packed with skincare superstars like:
- Organic coconut oil - Handy for gently removing dirt and makeup
- Rosemary extract - Perfect for purifying and decongesting pores
- Organic aloe - Hardworking hydrator that helps remove buildup
- Glycerin - A natural ingredient that attracts and holds moisture
- Gotu kola - A powerful anti-aging antioxidant
Hot tips: Use lukewarm water and your fingertips to gently massage the lather into skin. Don't forget the face and neck need love too! Rinse, then pat dry with a soft, clean towel.
Rose and Shine
Ideal for anyone looking to control excess oil and shine, this refreshing toner hydrates and smooths skin. Its fine mist spray and calming rose scent provide sensory bliss while minimizing the look of large pores. It also sets the stage for your skin to better absorb the rest of your skincare products. And did we mention there are only two ingredients? That's right, nothing but rose flower oil and distilled water. That means no drying alcohol like some other toners.
Hot tips: Rose and Shine is a perfect pick me up during the day if you have dry skin and need a hydration boost. It's also great for refreshing makeup!
Nectar of the C
For that goddess-like glow. With 15% vitamin C, this lightweight gel serum has an herbaceous citrus scent and leaves skin glowing, nourished, and bright. In it, you'll find:
- Vitamin C - We use Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, a form of vitamin C that is more stable and less likely to irritate. It reduces the appearance of dark spots, evens skin tone, and gets skin glowing.
- Vitamin E - A soother and smoother that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Ferulic acid - A natural antioxidant that when combined with vitamins C and E makes for a compounding anti-aging effect.
- Organic jojoba - A mighty moisturizer that softens and conditions skin.
Hot tips: If you can, give this one a few minutes to fully absorb, especially before going outside. Massage any excess product into the tops of your hands and décolletage.
Eyes Eyes Baby
Late night? No prob. Minimize the appearance of wrinkles, bags, dark circles, and puffiness with a dab of our silky eye cream. Eyes Eyes Baby is perfect as both a quick fix and for long-term results, with a subtle lavender scent. It's packed with:
- Caffeine - Gives tired-looking skin a beauteous boost
- Vitamin B3 - Anti-aging rockstar that reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Squalane - Hydrator and soother derived from olive oil
- Matrixyl 3000 - A natural peptide that smooths the skin
Hot tips: Gently massage or tap a pea-sized amount into the area below your eyes using your ring or middle finger. Start in the innermost corner and move outward, avoiding your bottom eyelashes.
Crème de la Cream
The final step, Crème de la Cream delivers the perfect amount of moisture to parched skin. Silky, smooth, and rich, it works to diminish the appearance of fine lines while evening and brightening skin tone. Its neutral scent won't interfere with the light floral aromas of rose and lavender, either. Boasting:
- Vitamins E and C - working together in harmony to smooth the skin, minimize the appearance of discoloration, and get you glowing
- Coenzyme Q10 - A potent antioxidant that protects against environmental stressors and energizes your skin
- Glycerin & organic aloe vera - to lock in that moisture so your skin feels hydrated, nourished, and soft all day long
Hot tips: Put a generous amount in the center of your palms instead of on your fingertips, that way you can warm it up first. This helps ensure even application. Use light, upward strokes, start with the cheeks, and for best results, apply to skin that's just a little bit damp.
Benefits to Using Skincare Sets
We've covered that the use of skincare sets is a convenient, affordable, no-fuss way to get gorgeous skin. Our skincare kit does exactly that, without any of the bad stuff. But if you're still not convinced, here are a few more of the many benefits to our starter set.
- It's great for rejuvenating neglected skin.
- It's formulated for all skin types and is gentle enough for sensitive skin.
- It's perfect for those who are unsure which ingredients are best to combine or avoid.
- It can help you manage the effects of environmental stressors.
- It's great for both beginners and skincare aficionados.
- It combines carefully selected complementary natural ingredients.
- It helps even skin tone, brighten, and nourish.
- It softens texture, fights dullness, and soothes woebegone skin.
- It offers a gratifying way to practice self-care and boost confidence.
- It keeps you looking youthful, refreshed, and glowing.
But we didn't stop there. At Fleur and Bee, we wanted to go above and beyond, which is why our set:
- Uses as little plastic as possible, with packaging that's 90% recyclable.
- Is Leaping Bunny certified and free of animal byproducts and ingredients.
- Is crafted with sustainably sourced ingredients made with 100% renewable wind energy.
- 1% of sales go to social initiatives and charity.
So what are you waiting for? Radiant skin is calling! We think this might be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.