Hidden within the beautifully fragrant peel of a grapefruit is an oil that works wonders on skin. From its energizing scent to its incredible antioxidant benefits, grapefruit peel oil is a brilliant skincare ingredient. In this blog post, we’ll talk about what is pink grapefruit peel oil, pink grapefruit peel oil skin benefits, and how to use pink grapefruit peel oil on your skin.
IN A NUTSHELL
What is Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil?
Usually extracted via a method called cold pressing, the fibers of the peel are separated from the fruit and made into oil. Its antioxidant properties are what make this natural ingredient so great for the skin. The uplifting scent of the limonene found in the oil adds a pleasant scent to many skincare products.
Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil Benefits for Skin
Now that you know where pink grapefruit peel comes from, let’s talk about all it can do for your skin. As you’ll see, the benefits are many:
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil helps brighten the skin - Full of vitamin C, pink grapefruit peel oil is well known for its ability to restore brightness and vibrance back to skin.
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil protects skin - Full of antioxidants like vitamin C and vitamin A, it protects the skin from environmental stressors that harm the skin.
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil is anti-aging - Vitamin A has the ability to tighten, firm, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil is an exfoliant - Pink grapefruit peel oil contains lycopene, which is a natural exfoliant.
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil helps improve the appearance of dull skin - with its exfoliant properties.
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil has an uplifting, energizing scent - We’ve included it in some of our products for it’s bright and refreshing aroma.
How to Use Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil in Your Skincare Routine
Incorporating pink grapefruit peel oil in your skincare routine is easier than you think. In fact, there may already be pink grapefruit peel oil in your skincare products. Here are a few ways you can incorporate it into your beauty routine:
Cleanse Your Skin
Our So Clean! vegan facial cleanser is the perfect way to gently cleanse your skin without drying it out. It has a base of organic coconut oil and aloe, plus a dash of pink grapefruit peel oil for a lovely, refreshing scent.
Tone the Skin
Just a few spritzes of our Rose and Shine rosewater toner is all you need to hydrate the skin and control excess oil.
Nothing will make skin glow like vitamin C. Just a few drops of our vitamin C serum, Nectar of the C, will even and brighten skin tone while reducing the appearance of dark spots and fine lines. Organic jojoba seed oil, vitamin E, vitamin B, and hyaluronic acid are combined to effectively restore glow to your complexion. We also included pink grapefruit peel oil in our formula for it’s bright scent and antioxidant benefits.
Our Crème de la Cream is made for every skin type and delivers the perfect amount of moisture. Besides a dash of pink grapefruit peel oil, our brightening moisturizer includes squalane to hydrate and balance the skin, coenzyme Q10 to help protect the skin from environmental stressors, and peptides to plump your skin, it leaves your skin brightened and nourished.
Apply Eye Cream
We know what you’re thinking and yes, you do need to use eye cream, no matter what age you are. Not only does it get to work on fine lines and wrinkles, but it also tackles the dark circles and puffy eyes you may wake up with. A little dab of our Eyes Eyes Baby vegan anti-aging eye cream around each eye should be applied morning and evening for best results.
We hope that gives you a good sense of what pink grapefruit peel oil does for the skin, and why you should incorporate it into your skincare routine. We have a feeling that once you do, you’ll never look at a pink grapefruit the same way again.