Somewhere between the look, the taste, and all its great health benefits, pink grapefruit really is an amazing food, but did you know how great pink grapefruit peel oil is for your skin? That’s right! Hidden within that beautiful peel is an oil that works wonders on skin! From the beautiful smell to the incredible benefits, it’s a brilliant skincare ingredient which is why, in this blog post, we’ll talk about what is pink grapefruit peel oil, pink grapefruit peel oil skin benefits, and how to use pink grapefruit peel oil on your skin!
IN A NUTSHELL
What is Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil?
If you’re thinking that pink grapefruit peel oil is oil derived from the peel of a pink grapefruit, you would be bang on the money! Usually extracted via a method called cold pressing, it’s basically the fibers of the peel that are separated from the fruit and made into oil. Think of that the next time you find yourself throwing out a grapefruit peel!
And if you’ve ever wondered what produces that beautiful scent, it’s something called limonene, which makes up most of a grapefruit.
Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil: Benefits
Now that you know where pink grapefruit peel comes from, let’s talk about all it can do for your skin! As you’ll see, the benefits are many!
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil helps brighten the skin - Chock full of vitamin C, pink grapefruit peel oil is well known for its ability to restore brightness and vibrance back to skin!
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil protects skin - Speaking of vitamin C, pink grapefruit peel oil is full of antioxidants like vitamin C and vitamin A, which protects the skin from environmental stressors that are trying to harm it.
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles - One of the best elements of pink grapefruit peel oil is vitamin A. If you’re not familiar with vitamin A, it’s known for its ability to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil is anti-aging - Between its ability to tighten, firm, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, pink grapefruit peel oil is a great anti-aging tool!
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil is an exfoliant - Pink grapefruit peel oil contains lycopene which is a wonderful natural exfoliant. If your skin isn’t taking moisturizer well or your makeup is going on unevenly, an exfoliant can really help with that!
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil helps clean the skin - Not only is pink grapefruit peel oil an exfoliant, but it also helps to rid the skin of the dirt and grime that makes it look unhealthy.
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil helps improve the appearance of dull skin - If your skin is looking a little ravaged and dull lately, try a little pink grapefruit peel oil. Chances are, it will look a lot more vibrant!
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil helps purify the skin - One of the great things about pink grapefruit peel oil is that it really gets in there to help dig up all the gunk that’s just sitting in your pores.
- Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil smells fabulous - If you think you detect a slight scent of grapefruit in our products, you’re right! Its beautiful, light scent adds a subtle whiff of freshness to many of our products!
How to Use Pink Grapefruit Peel Oil in Your Skincare Routine
Incorporating pink grapefruit peel oil in your skincare routine is easier than you think. In fact, there may already be pink grapefruit peel oil in your skincare without you even knowing it! Here are a few ways you can incorporate it into your beauty routine:
Cleanse Your Skin
Our So Clean! vegan facial cleanser is the perfect way to cleanse your skin without drying it out. It even helps remove makeup! In addition to great ingredients like organic coconut oil and aloe, our new formulation contains a dash of pink grapefruit peel oil for a lovely, clean scent!
Tone the Skin
Just a few spritzes of our Rose and Shine rosewater toner is all you need to hydrate the skin, control excess oil, and minimize the look of pores. (And if the weather is hot, put it in the fridge for a refreshing blast of hydration!)
If you’re into skin care you know that nothing will make skin glow like vitamin C which is why we put it in our Nectar of the C vegan vitamin C serum! Just a few drops will even and brighten skin tone while reducing the appearance of dark spots and fine lines. Full of great ingredients like organic jojoba seed oil, vitamin E, vitamin B, and squalane, it’s like a one-stop shop of soothing, hydrating ingredients. And just to give it a little extra, we’ve included pink grapefruit peel oil!
Even if you have oily skin, it’s still crucial to moisturize it. Our Crème de la Cream is made for every skin type and delivers just the perfect amount of moisture. Visibly reducing fine lines and wrinkles, it also evens and brightens skin tone. Full of ingredients like hydrating glycerin, coenzyme Q10 to help protect the skin from environmental stressors, and yes, pink grapefruit peel oil to add a little extra vibrance to the skin, it leaves your skin brightened and nourished.
Apply Eye Cream
We know what you’re thinking and yes, you do need to use eye cream, no matter what age you are! Not only does it get to work on fine lines and wrinkles, but it also tackles those dark circles and puffy eyes you wake up with! All you need is a little dab of our Eyes Eyes Baby vegan anti-aging eye cream around each eye and you’re good to go!
We hope that gives you a good sense of what pink grapefruit peel oil does for the skin and why you should incorporate it into your skincare routine. We have a feeling that once you do, you’ll never look at a pink grapefruit the same way again!