At Fleur & Bee, we designed our entire line of products with Mother Earth in mind! From start to finish, we strive to be as eco-conscious as possible. We’re fans of this planet, and we’d like for it to stick around awhile.
Products that are good for the earth also tend to be good for your skin — nourishing, natural, and gentle.
With that in mind, here’s the scoop about environmentally friendly skin care, its many benefits. Keep reading to learn how Fleur & Bee does it’s part, or peep our video below:
IN A NUTSHELL
Main Takeaways: Green skin care products are products that respect the environment — both in the ingredients used and in the way they’re produced.
Good to Know: The terms “green skin care” and “clean skin care” are not regulated, so it’s up to consumers to educate themselves and select products from brands that use sustainably sourced ingredients and have a commitment to a green future.
Recommended Products: Deluxe Set.
Why Green Beauty Matters
For us, green skincare means skincare products that respect the environment — both in the ingredients we choose to use and in the way they’re produced.
It means consciously choosing packaging materials, responsibly sourcing the ingredients used in our products, adding botanicals that our customers can recognize (and that are good for their long-term health), and minimizing our environmental footprint whenever possible.
We take being a green beauty brand seriously.
Opting Out of Animal Agriculture With Environmentally Friendly Skin Care
In the age of environmental consciousness, it’s important to take a look at everything that increases our collective carbon footprint.
According to the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations, livestock — or raising animals for use in food and other products — is “one of the top two or three significant contributors to the most serious environmental problems, at every scale from local to global.”
Raising livestock causes land and water pollution, water shortages, biodiversity loss, acid rain, the destruction of coral reefs and deforestation.
Animal agriculture causes 18% of human produced greenhouse gas emissions, which is more than all ships, planes, trucks, cars and all other transportation combined. So while driving an electric car is one way to reduce your carbon footprint — so is opting for vegan ingredients!
Using animals as ingredients is clearly pretty taxing on planet earth. That’s why Fleur & Bee’s product lineup is 100% vegan.
Natural and Organic Ingredients in Our Clean Skin Care Products
We use a lot of ingredients in our Fleur & Bee products, but they’re all things you’ll recognize! And even if it’s an ingredient that’s new to you — you can trust that it’s good for you and good for the planet. Plant-based, conscious, and cruelty-free.
Whenever possible, we use natural and organic ingredients in all of our vegan skin care products.
Some of our most common inclusions are:
- Organic Aloe Vera — Known for its soothing after-sun benefits, aloe vera also helps to alleviate temporary redness and remove dirt and oil from the surface of your skin.
- Organic Sunflower Oil — This nutrient-rich flower hydrates, helps your skin retain moisture, and smooths out roughness.
- Vitamin C — The antioxidant found in yummy citrus fruits, vitamin C reduces the appearance of dark spots and promotes smoother skin.
- Vitamin E — Another antioxidant, this nourishing vitamin moisturizes while boosting your skin’s protection against the elements.
- Organic Jojoba Oil — This nourishing emollient keeps the skin moisturized and balanced. It is rich in antioxidants, fatty acids and minerals, all of which promote healthier skin.
- Organic Gotu Kola — A powerful superfood that helps to temporarily tighten skin and helps it stay smooth.
This is only a portion of the plethora of plant-power ingredients that we include in our skincare. Needless to say, we love what the Earth has to offer, and we think your skin will, too.
Wondering where to start? Save the planet and a few bucks when you buy our 5-Step Deluxe Skincare Set. We’ve bundled our clean skincare essentials in this 5-piece skincare set. It includes cleanser, toner, eye cream, vitamin C serum and hydrating moisturizer– great for all skin types!
Why Fleur & Bee Is a Green Skin Care Brand
By now, we hope that you are convinced that environmentally friendly skin care is worth your investment. Here are some of the ways Fleur & Bee measures up:
- Our products are manufactured with 100% renewable wind energy.
- To offset the carbon footprint from manufacturing, fruit trees are planted around the United States, in areas that benefit the local community.
- All our receptacles are made of recyclable glass.
- The cute pink boxes our products arrive in are 100% recyclable and made using FSC-certified, 100% recycled post-consumer waste paperboard.
- Every product is 100% vegan and thus doesn’t rely on the environmentally destructive animal agriculture industry.
Love your planet and your skin by choosing eco-friendly skincare products. We’ve made it easier for you by making sustainability one of our core values.
Environmentally Friendly Skin Care Counts
When it comes to carbon footprints, nobody’s perfect. We all contribute to climate change in various ways — but as conscious consumers, we can make better choices that cause less of an impact on our collective planet.
In addition to buying green skin care products, here are a few ways you can cut your carbon footprint:
- Bring reusable bags when you shop and reusable food containers for leftovers and takeout to cut back on single use plastic.
- Eat more plant-based foods.
- Walk, ride your bike, or take public transportation when possible.
- Don’t buy fast fashion; opt to purchase from companies that are committed to sustainability.
- Eat local. Shop at farmer’s markets and stores that sell locally-grown items.
- Grow some of your own food with a small garden or potted plants. (Gardening is super relaxing, too.)
- Plant some trees!
You can use this website to measure your carbon footprint, and get more suggestions on how to reduce it!
All in all, green beauty is just about doing what’s best for the planet — and its inhabitants. As consumers, we always have the ability to make better choices. And at Fleur & Bee we strive to be a company our customers can feel good about!
We’re all in this together, after all.